Master of Science (MSN) Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program of study, it is expected that the graduate will:
- Propose evidence-based solutions to practice dilemmas through synthesizing advanced theories from nursing and other disciplines that contribute to nursing knowledge
- Design interventions, projects, and programs that assure safe and quality health outcomes to meet the diverse and complex needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Incorporate theories of nursing, leadership, and education into quality and performance initiatives within multidisciplinary settings.
- Advocate for the profession of nursing in the local, regional, national, and global community to influence health care through cultural sensitivity, ethical behavior, and civic engagement.
- Promote a culture of inquiry that transforms nursing practice through evidence-based and research initiatives.
- Demonstrate creative leadership to guide practice and impact health outcomes.
- Engage in moral and ethical decision making through adherence to professional standards of practice and codes of ethics and accountability