The Biology major
The Biology major at Moravian College requires 14 courses: 9 in Biology
- BIO 112 (General Zoology)
- BIO 119 (Introductory Botany)
- BIO 210 (Genetics)
- BIO 265 (Cell Physiology)
- BIO 370 (Biology Seminar)
- and four BIO electives, selected in consultation with the student's advisor
- CHEM 113-114 (General Chemistry)
- CHEM 211-212 (Organic Chemistry)
- MATH 107 (Elementary Statistics) or MATH 170 (Analytic Geometry and Calculus I) or MATH 106-166 (Analytic Geometry and Calculus with Review)
In addition, we recommend that students interested in pursuing advanced degrees in biology or the medical sciences take PHYS 109-110 (Introductory Physics for the Life Sciences) or PHYS 111-112 (Introductory Physics). Students should also consider courses in economics, statistics, and computer science.
The Biology Minor
The Biology minor requires 5 courses in Biology: either BIO 112 (General Zoology) or BIO 119 (Introductory Botany), and 4 electives, selected in consultation with a member of the Biology faculty.