The requirements for the baccalaureate degree are:
- Completion of 32 course units of study (33 or more for the B.Mus.) with a cumulative QPA of 2.00 including:
- Completion of the program of studies outlined in the section on Learning in Common.
- Completion of at least one writing-intensive course per major in the student's major program (please see specific departmental requirements, where appropriate); double majors are required to complete one writing-intensive course per major.
- Completion of all requirements for a major with a cumulative QPA of 2.00 or higher for all course units numbered 110 or above (excluding 200-209 and 300-309), both required and elective, taken in the department of the major field. In the case of an interdepartmental major, the average of all course units in Set I and Set II must be 2.00 or higher. Unlike the overall cumulative QPA, in which both grades of any repeated course are counted, the cumulative QPA in the major includes only the higher grade earned in a repeated course. A repeated course will count only once toward the 32 required course units.
- Completion of the final 12 course units for the degree as a degree candidate in residence at Moravian College or in programs approved by Moravian College and as a student in the day session. (Comenius Center students should refer to the Comenius Center Policies Manual for degree completion requirements in the evening division.)
Note: If a student will be .25 course unit or less short of meeting the graduation requirement, the course unit total will be rounded upward to meet the graduation requirement.
- Satisfaction of all obligations to the College including, but not limited to, payment of any outstanding charges and return of equipment and library books.
It is the responsibility of each student to see that these requirements are met.
Degree Requirements for Transfer Students
- To transfer to Moravian College, students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at another college or university that is approved by an accrediting agency acceptable to Moravian College.
- In order to receive a degree from Moravian College, a transfer student must be enrolled at the College for no fewer than two fall or spring terms of study and complete no fewer than 12 course units. At least half the courses required for the student's major within the major department must be taken at Moravian College unless the number required is reduced by the department. Only courses passed with a grade of C (not C–) or higher or the equivalent, as determined by the College, are considered for transfer of credit to Moravian College. No more than 16 course units (64 semester hours of credit) will be accepted in transfer from two-year institutions toward a degree at Moravian. All the requirements for a degree (listed above under degree requirements) must be met by transfer students, except as noted in the following paragraph. Work transferred from another institution may satisfy some of these requirements.
Transfer students are exempted from Learning in Common 100.2 and Physical Education 107.2. Transfer students may opt, however, to complete Physical Education 107.2 as one of their physical education classes.*
See the section on physical education in the Learning in Common section below for the application of physical education requirements to transfer students. Transfer students must fulfill the requirements specified in the Learning in Common curriculum, completing either the two Upper-Division courses or one Upper-Division and one Multidisciplinary course at Moravian College.