Print Page

Academic Regulations

Grade Changes

Under normal circumstances, a change of grade after the end of the incomplete period (42 calendar days after the end of a fall or spring term) may be submitted by the course instructor only to correct an error in the original grade, or as a result of a successful grade appeal by a student to the Academic Standards Committee. Student-initiated requests for changes in a final course grade must be submitted to the associate dean for academic affairs not more than one calendar year after the original grade was submitted. Such a time period allows for individuals to appeal grades if they have been away from campus for study abroad, leave of absence, or other separations from the College. It is not appropriate to change a grade based upon options, such as supplemental assignments, that are not equally available to all students.