ONLINE LANGUAGE PLACEMENT INDICATOR
Students are urged to take this language indicator within 2 weeks after
making the decision to come to Moravian College
The ultimate deadline is MAY 15
Please click on the link below to take the test:
The purpose of the Foreign Language Placement Indicator
The purpose of the placement indicator is to determine the appropriate level in which you should be placed or in which you should continue your study of French, German or Spanish at the college level. The results will be available for you to discuss with your academic advisor when you register for courses, prior to your first semester at Moravian College.
Who MUST complete this online Language Placement Indicator
Students who wish to continue their study of French, German or Spanish at the college level
Who SHOULD NOT complete this Language Placement Indicator
- Students who have never taken any foreign language and need to fulfill the F3 language requirement at Moravian College. These students will be automatically placed in any 100-level language of their choice: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Latin or Spanish
- Students who plan to continue their study of Arabic, Italian or Latin. No online Language Placement Indicator is available for these three languages. These students must talk to their academic advisor and/or contact the chair of the Foreign Language Department (see contact information below)
- International students. The F3 language requirement for international students will be waived. However, we encourage students to take foreign language at the college level.
- Students who didn't take any language in high school because of disability issues.
- Incoming students who have been enrolled concurrently in high school and in any foreign language college level course (Must have completed levels 1 and 2 of the same language to fulfill the F3 requirement).
- Honors and Advanced Placement who have taken Spanish in high school-These Students will be automatically placed in Spanish 120
- Transferred students who fulfilled the F3 requirement
- Spanish Heritage Speakers -These students will be automatically placed in Spanish 125
Dr. Erica Yozell, Chair
Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Comenius 402,
Dr. Nilsa Lasso-von Lang
Associate Professor of Spanish
Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Comenius 408,
ATTENTION! Students who wish to request accommodations for a disability should contact Ms. Elaine Mara, Assistant Director of Academic & Disability Support, located on the first floor of Monocacy Hall (extension 1401). Accomodations cannot be provided until authorization is received from the Academic & Disability Support Office.