Administrative Support Assistant for the Graduate Education Program
The Administrative Support Assistant for the Graduate Education Program maintains electronic and physical documentation for all graduate education degree and advanced certification candidates (ESL, reading specialist, principal K-12, supervisory, special education, etc.). Key administrative support is also provided for ongoing program development, assessment and improvement efforts as mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Regular schedule: 18 hours per week / 12 month
Benefit Status: Ineligible
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
RECEIVED: works under the supervision of the Director of the Graduate Education Program, the chairperson of the Education Department, and the Dean of the Comenius Center.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: student employees as appropriate
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and maintains electronic and physical files for all graduate education degree and certification candidates.
- Processes applications to the graduate education degree and certification programs.
Maintains and updates spreadsheet and database information for Pennsylvania
Department of Education and internal College assessment reporting.
- Responds promptly to graduate degree and advanced certification inquiries, ensuring that prospective candidates receive program information and schedule admissions/advising appointments with the appropriate graduate education faculty.
- Maintains and updates a record of the program’s budgetary receipts and expenditures.
- Orders necessary office supplies.
- Maintains master record of faculty office hours, class schedules, and appointments.
- Prepares and maintains assigned graduate education reports.
- Maintains degree and certification program matrices.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Master of Education program Director and departmental faculty.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent training, coupled with any post-high school education and/or related experience which totals at least five years. Prior secretarial experience in an academic setting is preferred. Must be detail-oriented and well organized. Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly database applications, word processing and spreadsheets is required; familiarity with desktop and web publishing, and web navigation applications is preferred. Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and oral communication skills are essential
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary value diversity and encourage individuals from under-represented populations to apply.EOE
Click here for a Printable Copy of this posting
To Apply: Interested candidates may apply in person or call 610-861-1527 for application. Moravian College, Colonial Hall, 3rd floor, 1200 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their qualifications electronically as a PDF file to email@example.com - please combine cover letter, resume, references into one electronic document - include 'Administrative Support Assistant" in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Candidates considered for employment at Moravian College will be asked to complete an employment application.
Posting Date: 2-13-13EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION LINK