JOB POSTINGS: Bus Driver (pt)
The Department of Facilities, Management, Planning and Construction seeks part-time bus drivers. Regular schedule is Weekends only - Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., August through May.
Reposting Date: 2/7/2013
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Associate Director of Plant Services
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: vehicle passengers
POSITION SUMMARY: Primary responsibility is providing prompt, safe and reliable transportation that meets the needs of Moravian College students, faculty, administration and personnel involved in College functions or business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate passenger buses, passenger vans, trucks, escort shuttles on scheduled routes
- Provide transportation service between north and south campus during assigned shift and allow passengers to disembark at locations along normal routes if this does not interfere with the bus schedule.
- Assist supervisor in meeting requests for specialized transportation related to college events and college activities including: athletic events, departmental field trips, admissions events, other events or activities that are college related.
- Comply with all safety procedures encountered in transit and delivery operations of the College. Maintain reports/logs as instructed.
- Inspect and report any equipment malfunctions and report accidents immediately. Maintain the cleanliness of all vehicles as required.
Drivers are required to notify the Facilities Services Department 24 hours in advance when unable to work.
Drivers may be asked to provide work beyond regular hours as required and fill-in during vacation periods of others.
QUALIFICATIONS: Prior transit system experience within an educational or similar institution is preferred. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the College community. A valid Pennsylvania Class B Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Permit is required. Must be able to operate all vehicles and equipment associated with College transportation. Mechanical ability associated with the maintenance of vehicles and equipment is preferred.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary value diversity and encourage individuals from under-represented populations to apply.EOE
Click here for a Printable Copy of this posting
To Apply: Interested candidates may apply in person or call 610-861-1527 for application. Moravian College, Colonial Hall, 3rd floor, 1200 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their qualifications electronically as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org - please combine cover letter, resume, references into one electronic document - include 'Bus Driver-PT' in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Candidates considered for employment at Moravian College will be asked to complete an employment application.EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION LINK