JOB POSTING: custodian
Moravian College has an opening for an entry level custodian to be responsible for performing duties necessary for the care, protection and preservation of buildings and grounds to provide students, faculty and staff with a clean, safe, attractive, and comfortable place to learn, work and develop. The custodian is responsible to the Plant Services Manager and Plant Services Supervisor. This position is full-time and eligible for benefits.
Regular Schedule: 4 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; Some Over Time, Weekends.
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
FLSA STATUS : Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the following functions in the designated work area, or as directed: Assist with internal set-ups.
- Bathroom cleaning - standard routine.
- Carpet cleaning - vacuuming, spotting, shampooing.
- Change light bulbs as needed and clean light fixtures as directed.
- Furniture cleaning - dusting, vacuuming, shampooing.
- Kitchen cleaning - including stoves and refrigerators.
- Moving furniture - for cleaning purposes.
- Police grounds - as directed, snow and ice removal
- Responsible for the security of the assigned area while working in it and upon leaving.
- Stair cleaning - sweep, mop and tile floor care - dust mop, wet mop, buff, strip/wax.
- Trash removal as needed, wall washing as scheduled and inside window washing (some outside).
- Keep building furniture, equipment and premises neat, safe and clean at all times.
- Provide efficient use of custodial supplies.
- Provides routine custodial coverage in co-worker's absence.
- Comply with all safety procedures encountered in the maintenance and operation of institutional buildings and equipment.
- Provide various maintenance services during and outside normal working hours for emergencies, scheduled and unscheduled events.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Plant Services Supervisor.
Click here for a Printable Copy of this posting
To Apply: If your experience qualifies you for this challenging position, please send your resume and a cover letter along with specific salary history and three professional references to:
Jon Conrad, Director of Human Resources
1200 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their qualifications electronically as a PDF file to email@example.com - please combine cover letter, resume, references into one electronic document - include 'Custodian' in the email subject line.
Questions about the position may be directed to 610-861-1459. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Candidates considered for employment at Moravian College will be asked to complete an employment application. Click on thi slink to access a printable application (PDF file requiring Adobe Acrobat Reader to open)
Moravian College is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and encouraging individuals from under-represented populations to apply