DIRECTOR of ENROLLMENT
Applications received by December 1st will receive the fullest attention. Posted: 11/14/2012
Moravian Theological Seminary has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Enrollment. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing plans to meet strategic enrollment goals and also serves as Coordinator of Assessment.
This position is 12 months and includes full benefits.
Click on this link to access the Seminary web page http://www.moravianseminary.edu/
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Staff FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISON RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the VP & Dean of the Seminary
SUPERVISION EXCERCISED: Oversees the support staff and student workers as appropriate
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with Dean’s staff, develop, implement, and assess a plan for increasing enrollment, particularly focusing on (but not limited to) Moravian candidates for ministry in North America and potential students in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with provincial offices, other agencies, and congregations of the Moravian Church, as well as other church judicatories, area clergy and ministry groups, service and counseling agencies, and other existing and potential Seminary constituencies.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with constituencies that will enhance diversity within our student body.
- Oversee the cultivation of prospective students in an efficient and effective admissions process, including planning on and off campus admissions events, setting up on-campus visits, and working with other offices in the institution with respect to housing, financial aid, orientation to the Seminary, and enrollment of international students.
- Chair the Admissions Committee and direct the application review process.
- In conjunction with other departments, help students address concerns related to campus housing, financial aid, progression through their academic program, and other factors related to enrollment.
- In conjunction with the Seminary Faculty Assessment Coordinator, oversee the collection and analysis of data related to the Seminary’s degree program assessment process.
- Be conversant with program requirements and processes for transfer credits, drop/ads, leaves of absence, and non-degree student registration.
- Analyze and report on enrollment data for internal purposes and in response to requests from the Board of Trustees and government and accrediting agencies.
- Assure compliance with standards established by the Association of Theological Schools.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Vice-President and Dean of the Seminary.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS required; masters preferred (theological education desired) with at least three years admissions or counseling experience or three years experience in a related field. Must be comfortable talking with people about their sense of call or vocation and able to engage with people from culturally and theologically diverse traditions. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Requires strong leadership, communication, flexibility, analytical and organizational skills as well as superior interpersonal skills to deal with students, staff, faculty, trustees, and the public. Some travel will be required as well as willingness to work a non-standard workday. Advanced ability in database management and able to organize, analyze, and report on complex data. Must be able to support the mission, programs and ethos of Moravian Theological Seminary.
TO APPLY: If your experience qualifies you for this challenging position, please send your resume and a cover letter along with specific salary history and three professional references as instructed. Candidates should submit their qualifications electronically.
Email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please combine cover letter, resume, and references into one (1) electronic document formatted as a PDF file - include ‘Director of Enrollment’ in the email subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled. Questions about the position may be directed to extension 610-861-1459. MORAVIAN COLLEGE is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and encouraging individuals from under-represented populations to apply.
Click here for a Printable Copy of this posting
Moravian College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes health, life, and disability insurance, pension, generous vacation, and tuition remission.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.Candidates considered for employment at Moravian College will be asked to complete an employment application. Click on this link to access a printable application with application instructions. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION LINK
Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary value diversity and encourage individuals from under-represented populations to apply.EOE