JOB POSTING: Vice President for Enrollment Management
Moravian College, the nation’s sixth oldest college, seeks an energetic, talented, and experienced leader to become its next Vice President for Enrollment Management. An imaginative and strategic thinker, the Vice President will work closely with Moravian's President to recruit and enroll an increasingly talented, diverse student body that will benefit from a first class liberal arts education or first professional degree on the graduate level. The Vice President will be a member of the President's Executive Staff and provide transformative leadership and management of the College's admission and student financial aid operations. S/he will be a person of integrity and a seasoned leader who can provide sound and decisive direction toward objectives and staff; gain support for key initiatives among diverse constituents on and off campus; and effectively manage and improve processes and influence results in support of the College's mission and objectives.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management will collaborate with the President and his Executive Staff to:
- Develop an overall strategy for recruitment, evaluation, and selection and retention, and financial aid;
- Involve the College's various constituencies, specifically faculty, in dialogue about desirable characteristics for accepted applicants and the creation of effective volunteer programs to support and extend admission efforts;
- Participate in strategic planning by leading new program/projects to enhance the quality of the student body while increasing selectivity in enrollment, while managing tuition discount, and new student revenue goals;
- Lead and develop retention strategies that enhance the student experience at Moravian College;
- Develop, mentor, inspire and evaluate the admissions and financial aid team to set and meet aggressive enrollment goals creating a competitive, best places to work environment.;
- Continue to develop research and information technology capabilities within Enrollment Management;
- Collaborate and work closely with Public Relations in developing and deploying an ongoing diversified admissions advertising and communication strategy while developing new initiatives targeted toward increasing institutional image and outreach;
- Establish, monitor and evaluate key performance metrics; conducting timely analysis of all recruitment and application tracking and reports, and maintaining a data-driven bias towards goal setting, tracking, and accountability;
- Contribute to the national dialogue on issues related to college admission, student financial aid and the transition from secondary school to college.
This position full-time/12 months and eligible for full benefits.
FLSA Status: Exempt Classification: Administrative Staff
The next Vice President for Enrollment Management at Moravian College should be a seasoned enrollment or sales leader and administrator with the talent and organizational savvy to develop and lead a sophisticated and fully integrated enrollment program. Ideally, the next Vice President will hold an advanced degree and have extensive experience in admission and student aid and/or extensive sales marketing experience as well as outstanding managerial skills with the ability to analyze and evaluate her/is own (and other’s performance) and to develop plans toward ongoing performance enhancement. The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional who considers this position a highly desirable, if not the culminating, step in his or her career. S/he will be deeply committed both to the values of a liberal arts education and the core personal values of integrity, collegiality, and respect for others. Finally, the vice president will also have the personal qualities of competitiveness, energy, intelligence, and persuasion as well as the entrepreneurial, managerial and innovative spirit needed to lead the college to a new and exciting future..
Click here for more details and a Printable Copy of this posting
For specific information about Moravian College, please visit http://www.moravian.edu/
Review of applications will begin immediately and application information will be accepted through July 30, 2013. Nominations and applications (including a resume and cover letter), should be submitted, in confidence, via e-mail in Word or PDF format to:
Jon B Conrad
Chief Human Resource Officer
Moravian College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes health, life, and disability insurance, pension, generous vacation, and tuition remission.
Candidates considered for employment at Moravian College will be asked to complete an employment application. Click on this link to access a printable application with application instructions. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION LINK
Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary value diversity and encourage individuals from under-represented populations to apply.