- Snare rudiments: Single and double stroke rolls; paradiddles
- Play one exercise from each page (pp. 5-7) from "Stick
Control" by George Stone. mm = 144
- Play an exercise from "Syncopation for the Modern Drummer"
by Ted Reed
- Play a 3/4 meter Waltz on the set with brushes.
- Play different musical styles: Swing, Funk, Latin (samba,
bossa nova), and Rock
- Expect to read from a big band chart.
- Expect to improvise over a 12-bar blues (medium tempo) and
then trade fours over two choruses with a provided accompanist.
- Prepare two pieces of contrasting styles. Applicant
may use a professionally recorded CD, such as "Music Minus One
Drums: Sit-In With Jim Chapin."
NOTE: The Jazz Applicant may request a live accompanist
(music must be sent 2 weeks in advance). If the applicant brings
a prerecorded (i.e., Jamey Aebersold play-along series CD) accompaniment,
a boombox will be provided.
To schedule an audition, or for more information,
Moravian College Music Department
1200 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Music Office (610) 861-1650
FAX (610) 861-1657