Saturday, October 19, 2013
The Lehigh Valley Suzuki Strings and the Moravian College Music Institute are pleased to once again present an all-day Suzuki Strings Workshop to be held at Moravian College. Located on the Priscilla
Payne Hurd Campus of Moravian College, it is in the center of the
Bethlehem Colonial Historic Disctict.
The Suzuki Workshop with Master Classes brings well known clinicians
from the East Coast to share their talents with Suzuki-trained violin,
viola, cello, and bass students in the Lehigh Valley and greater
The goal of the workshop is to provide fun-filled music making opportunities for beginner through advanced string players. Workshop offerings include pre- twinkle sessions, violin/viola group class, beginner - advanced orchestra, musical enrichment, final concert and special guest Susan Reed performance. Come experience our outstanding faculty as they inspire, enrich and expand your joy of music making.
- 8:15 a.m. - Registration
- 8:45 a.m. - Personalized Schedules may include:
- Pre-twinkle Sessions
- Group class
- Cello and Bass students are invited to take part in the beginner orchestra class. There will also be opportunity for master classes. Please check with Domenick Fiore at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information before registering.
Noon - Susan Reed Presents
1:30 - 4:00 pm - Master Classes
- Domenick Fiore - (bio) Domenick offers unique tone poems in a first experience orchestral fundamentals
program. He will also offer an afternoon orchestral experience to bolster ensemble skills.
- Linda Fiore - (bio) Linda brings her joyful heart and love of teaching with a gentle spark to catch the
- Rosalie Keddington - (bio) Rosalie brings her combined experience of performing professionally, teaching privately and raising 4 children (all musicians!).
- Susan Reed - (bio and Web page) Susan joins us from the Boston area, bringing the special touch
of storytelling, fiddling, folk music compounded by her experience as director of Suzuki Studies at the New
England Conservatory of Music.
- Christopher Souza - (bio) Chris comes to us from his studio in Tannersville. We welcome the teaching experience he brings to us from the Ogontz Suzuki Institute in New Hampshire!
- Nancy Terlaak Poot - (bio) Nancy is the Suzuki Workshop Director and is pleased to bring together such a fine
group of Suzuki clinician/educators to the Lehigh Valley!
David will offer
private consultations on the purchase of instruments and an
assortment of strings, chin rests, rosin, shoulder rests, etc.
Please download the REGISTRATION FORM for
details on the fees and schedule.
to the Music Department
Due to possible traffic isues with the Runner's World events this weekend, please allow extra time for travel and parking.
For more information:
Moravian is a private, coeducational, selective liberal arts
college located in eastern Pennsylvania tracing its founding to
1742. It is recognized as America's sixth oldest college. The Music Institute is the Community Lesson and Event
division of the Department of Music.
Music degrees include a Bachelor of Arts in Music and a Bachelor of Music in performance (vocal, instrumental, jazz), music
education, composition, or sacred music.
Of the college degrees, the Bachelor of Arts program allows for music study within a liberal arts curriculum.
The Bachelor of Music is for students who desire more comprehensive music studies.