Summary of Services
- Custodial Services provides cleaning services to administrative and academic buildings.
- Cleaning in residence halls is limited to common areas.
- Vacuum cleaners are available in residence halls for students to clean their own rooms.
- Room reservations are processed through Ann Claussen at extension 1492.
- Use the iServiceDesk for table, chairs, electric, etc.
- Maintains landscaping, turf and athletic fields.
- Issuing of keys to Staff and Faculty.
- Use the iServiceDesk when requesting keys.
- Residents request and receive keys through Student Affairs.
- Lightbulbs are provided by the college for college lights only.
- Use the iServiceDesk or call 1550 to report any burnt out bulbs.
- If pest control is needed please fill out the iServiceDesk or call 1550.
- Recycling is removed by building residents on a voluntary basis.
- Trash chutes or trash containers in common areas for all academic, administration and residence halls (Bernhardt/Wilhelm, JoSmith, Rau/Hassler, Anna Nitschmann House, August Spangenberg House, Clewell Hall, Main Hall, and fraternities and soroities) are provided and emptied by personnel of the Office of Facilities Management, Planning and Costruction.
- Trash removal service for Beck/de Schweinitz, Hillside Complex, Antes/Burnside/Lenape, and Spangenberg Apartments is provided on a rotating basis, approximately once a week.
- Trash removal service for overflow units is provided on a rotating basis, approximately once every two weeks.
- Requests for repairs may be made online at the iServiceDesk
- Emergency repairs during weekend or evening hours may be reported to Campus Safety at 1421.
- Except in emergency situations, repairs and maintenance in individual rooms of the Residential Halls and overflows will not be scheduled before 10:00 A.M.
- The Grounds Crew will be primarily responsible for the removal of snow and ice.
- Shuttle bus runs between Main and Hurd Campuses.
- Weekdays – Campus buses provide a continuous loop (stop, wait 3 minutes and leave) between the Main and Hurd Campuses between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Weekday evenings – Buses provide transportation on the hour and half hour from the HUB and quarter after and quarter of the hour from the HILL starting 7:00 pm and ending at 12:15 am at the HILL.
- Extentended bus service is now available on Friday and Saturday evenings and will continue until the last bus leaves the HUB at 2:00 AM.
- Weekends – Buses provide transportation on the hour and half hour from the HUB and quarter after and quarter of the hour from the HILL beginning at 9:00 AM and ending at 12:15 AM at the HILL.
Bus Stops: (These are the only 4 official stops - no exceptions)
- Main Campus – Haupert Union Building – Monocacy St.
- Hurd Campus – 1st Floor main entrance of the HILL. (Main and Clewell Hall residents can enter the HILL and proceed to the 4th floor exit to reach their buildings. These doors are unlocked from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily, Monday through Friday. I.D. cards can be used after these hours for access.
- North Street Parking Garage – Please notify the driver when boarding the bus that you would like to get off here. Failure to do so may require you to wait until the return trip to exit at this stop. In order to catch the bus at the parking garage, please stand at the corner of Main and North Streets and signal to the driver as he/she approaches.
Church St. across from the Bethlehem Public Library – Please notify the driver that you would like to get off at this stop. Note: Students getting off at this stop are required to cross Church St. at the crosswalk at New St. The City has stated that if students are seen crossing in the middle of the block, the stop will be taken away.