For Faculty & Staff
As mentors and role models, there are many times when you may feel concern for a student. Because many of you will observe signs or symptoms before anyone else, it is important for you to be aware of what to do when you are very concerned. If you observe changes in mood or behavior that indicate psychological distress, it is important for you to know when to suggest a student seek counseling services.
- FERPA, MH records, and confidentiality (.pdf)
- How to Make a Referral for Mental Health Concerns (.pdf)
- Preventing Dangerous Conflict With Students: A Guide for Faculty (.pdf)
- Resources on Campus (.pdf)
- Guidelines help teachers with effective response when students self disclose personal problems in writing. (.pdf)
- Additional Resources for Faculty and Staff (.pdf)