Greek Council is the governing body of the College’s three fraternities and four sororities. Membership is comprised of Chapter Presidents, as well as a delegate from each organization. The Presidents of the Inter-Fraternity Council and Panhellenic Council are also members of Greek Council.
The Council, which meets on a monthly basis, works to promote and further the interests of the Greek community, including individual chapters and the larger Moravian College community. The group focuses on the objectives of the Greek Council including:
- Creating a high standard of goodwill toward its member organizations and the College.
- Insuring cooperation and coordination among its member fraternities and sororities which will result in mutual benefit and common good.
- Serving as a communication medium between the fraternities and sororities, as well as the College and student body.
- Planning, coordinating, and supporting Greek events in conjunction with the Panhellenic Council.
- Promoting Greek ideals to the College community via marketing and events.
Inter-Fraternity Council (IFC)
InterfraternityCouncil (IFC) is the governing body of three fraternities including Delta Tau Delta, Omicron Gamma Omega, and Sigma Phi Epsilon. The council includes 4 executive positions - President, Vice-President of Programming, Vice-President of Public Relations and Recruitment, Clerk, as well as two delegates from each chapter. The advisor of this council is the Assistant Director of Residence Life and Greek Life.
The Interfraternity Council’s mission is to develop closer working relationships and coordination among the Greek Letter, social, fraternities and with the college as a whole. Additional purposes include:
- Promote the interests of Moravian College.
- Plan unified and educational events on campus to promote Greek life, including fraternity recruitment.
- Work collaboratively with Panhellenic Council to plan and implement large-scale events.
- Discuss questions of mutual interest and present to the Greek Letter, social, fraternities such recommendations.
Panhellenic Council (Panhel)
Panhellenic Council is the governing body of the four sororities on campus that are members of the National Panhellenic Conference. The Council includes five Executive Officers – President, Vice President of Programming, Vice President of Recruitment, Secretary, and Treasurer, as well as a delegate from each Chapter. The Assistant Dean for Residence Life, Greek Life & First-Year Programs is the advisor to the Panhellenic Council.
The Panhellenic Council, associated with the National Panhellenic Conference, exists to develop and encourage sorority life and promote positive relations among the chapters. The Council represents the ideals of Greek life including friendship, leadership, scholarship, and services both to the community and each other. Additional purposes of the Council include:
- Promoting high scholastic and social standards.
- Cooperating with the college administration in the maintenance of high social standards.
- Providing a forum for the discussion of question of interest in the college and fraternity world.
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of sorority recruitment.
- Furthering intellectual accomplishment and sound scholarship.
- Acting in accordance with National Panhellenic Conference rules, policies, and creed (below).
National Panhellenic Creed
We, as undergraduate members of women's fraternities, stand for good scholarship, for guarding of good health, for maintenance of fine standards, and for serving, to the best of our ability, our college community. Cooperation for furthering fraternity life, in harmony with its best possibilities, is the ideal that shall guide our fraternity activities.
We as fraternity women, stand for service through the development of character inspired by the close contact and deep friendship of individual fraternity and Panhellenic life. The opportunity for wide human service, through mutual respect and helpfulness, is the tenet by which we strive to live.