Upon request, the Department of Campus Safety & Police will attempt to accommodate a student’s request for transport. Such transport will be made when there is ample coverage on campus and the campus is not left unprotected while the transport is being made. Ample coverage requires a least one patrol officer on campus who is available to respond to a call for service on either campus. If an officer is involved in another assignment, the officer will complete the original assignment prior to making the transport. The dispatcher will advise the student that there will be a delayed response in making the transport and provide the student with an estimated time.
The Department of Campus Safety & Police will provide transportation of students under the following conditions:
- When the shuttle service has ceased normal operations between Main Campus and the Hurd Campus
- When a student seeks transportation to the campus from the North Street Parking Garage or Historic Bethlehem Partnership Lot and the shuttle service has ceased operation
- When a student requests a transport/escort between locations on the Main Campus or Hurd Campus due to the time and they feel unsafe in traversing the Campus
- When requested by the Health Center to transport a student to a local hospital for treatment for non-emergency type treatment(e.g.- sprains, dehydration, flu-like symptoms and any minor un-diagnosed pain or illness). If Campus Safety is unavailable to make a transport when requested by the Health Center, the Health Center Staff will provide the student with a taxi voucher which will be presented to the taxi service providing transport. The cost of the taxi service will be directly applied to the student’s account.
The Department of Campus Safety & Police will not provide transportation of students under the following conditions:
- When shift staffing will not allow
- When the request for transport is from or to sites located off campus (e.g.- Post office, grocery store, local restaurants, bars/clubs, local shopping malls or concert venues)
- When the request is for transport to medical appointments, prescription pickups or other medical procedures which normally require an extended period of time. The Health Center Health Center Staff will provide the student with a taxi voucher which will be presented to the taxi service providing transport. The cost of the taxi service will be directly applied to the student’s account.
- When the request is for emergency medical transports (e.g. - respiratory distress, cardiac symptoms, head, neck or back injuries, serve bone injuries or any other injury that may require emergency action while in route). Such transports will be made by EMS ambulance.
The aforementioned information about transports is not all inclusive. It is meant to provide guidelines and outlines the most frequently received requests by Campus Safety & Police for transport. If a request is received which is not mentioned above, the request will be reviewed by the shift supervisor who will determine if Campus Safety & Police will provide the transport.