The Haupert Union Building,
known more affectionately as the HUB was built in 1962. The HUB was
the first college union in the Lehigh Valley. Named for Dr. Raymond
Haupert, president of the College from 1944 to 1969, the union serves
students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests of the College.
Each day its doors
open to provide a variety of services and amenities for members of
the college community.
the College Bookstore, food service, the H.Paty Eiffe
Art Gallery, the mailroom, meeting rooms, Prosser Auditorium,
and the Leadership Center are located in the HUB.
The HUB was substantially
enlarged in 1994 to provide a food court and entertainment space.
Expansion and renovation during 1996 added a new student activities
center housing offices for Student Government (USG), the Program
Board (IMPACT), the College newspaper (the Comenian), and the College
yearbook (Benigna). New meeting rooms, a refurnished lounge with
a stone fireplace, enlarged bookstore, and mailroom facilities were
also part of the renovations. In the spring of 2000, an addition
to the Dining Room was built, as well as a new patio and sidewalks
on the west side of the building.
A leadership center was created in the Student Activities Center space in 2005. Student offices were maintained and a leadership library was created. The Center sponsors a variety of events throughout the year.
Students and faculty
may attend many meetings in the different rooms, relax by the
fireplace in the HUB lounge or mingle with friends while attending
of activities and social events. The "HUB" truly serves
as the center of the campus community and strives to enhance
the quality of campus life.