Center for Leadership
Awards and Recognition
The Center for Leadership and Service as well as other departments and programs in the campus community seek to recognize students, faculty/administration, and groups for their civic engagement efforts both on and off campus. Please take a look below to see the various ways in which these parties have been honored.
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK)
- Timothy M. Breidegam Memorial Student Service Award / Timothy M. Breidegam Memorial Faculty & Administrator Service Award
Moravian College was a 2009 Service Honor Roll member.
The Corporation for National and Community Service oversees the Honor Roll in collaboration with the Department of Education, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Campus Compact and the American Council on Education. Honorees are chosen based on a series of selection factors including scope and innovation of service projects, percentage of student participation in service activities, incentives for service, and the extent to which the school offers academic service-learning courses.
To ensure that Moravian College receives this honor next year, please fill out a service completion form for any service hours you have not yet reported!
Moravian College Gold Awardee 2010-2011: Basilio Bonilla Jr. ‘14
Moravian College Bronze Awardees 2010-2011: Brittany Beard ’12 and Cory Creen ‘13
This award is a Presidential honor that recognizes the valuable contributions of volunteers nationwide who are answering President Barack Obama’s call to serve others through their current volunteer activities or lifetime service. As a Certifying Organization, Moravian College identifies eligible recipients, verifies their service hours, and distributes the Award to outstanding volunteers. If you would like to learn more about this award, please contact the Center for Leadership and Service.
Each year the Moravian Circle of ODK presents the following two service awards to deserving students:
- Service Program of the Year – Given in recognition of an event which has made a significant impact on the community, as well as on those participating in the program.
2011-2012 Awardee – America Reads Program
- Spirit of Moravian Award for the Volunteer of the Year – This award is presented to the student who has consistently exemplified the spirit of giving and serving through philanthropic endeavors in the community and/or on campus.
2011-2012 Awardee – Felicia Diaz ‘13
Timothy M. Breidegam Memorial Student Service Award / Timothy M. Breidegam Memorial Faculty & Administrator Service Award
Voted upon by the members of the senior class
This award is presented to the student, as well as the faculty or administrator, who has unselfishly given his or her service to the College community, following the example of Timothy M. Breidegam '78.