Center for Leadership
The Community Fellows program is a federally funded AmeriCorps program. Through this program, Moravian students complete 300 community service hours during the course of one calendar year (August–August) and receive an AmeriCorps Education Award for their efforts. Pending approval, this award can be used to pay for the participant’s current undergraduate institution expenses, educational loans, or future educational expenses.
This program is ideal for students already engaged in service activities off-campus, who wish to further develop their leadership abilities. Participants in this program will attend various leadership activities which in the past have included: Conversations with Community Leaders, Civic Reflections, and Leadership Development Workshops.
- Be an undergraduate students at Moravian College
- Be a citizens of the United States, be an U.S. national, or a lawful permanent resident alien
- Be at least 17 years old
- Commit to complete 300 hours of service work in the U.S. during one calendar year
- Have an interest in, and commitment to, community service, activism and/or social justice issues
- Have good organization and time management skills
- Be responsible and dependable
Do you want to make a greater difference in your community by expanding your leadership skills? Become a Community Fellow!
Please contact Katie Dantsin, Director of Leadership Development, if you have any questions or concerns.
Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please e-mail Katie Dantsin, or call 610-861-1498.