In the Amazon
The study abroad program is designed to help students become more aware of their own cultural values in order to be more prepared to contribute positively to our global future.
The world is increasingly complex. Information and technology brings diverse people and nations into closer interaction. To be effective leaders and agents of change, students need a greater understanding of global political, social and economic issues. Programs offered that focus on global leadership provide opportunities for students to better understand our increasingly global society and the related leadership challenges and opportunities.
2013-2014 Service Trips TBD
Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation regarding physical accessibility, please contact Katie Dantsin, Director of Leadership Development, at 610-861-1498 or email@example.com.
- Moravian College Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter General Meetings
(Wednesday nights – look for the all-student e-mails)
- For local service opportunities see the Civic Engagement page.
- For study abroad opportunities see the Office of International Studies page.
- Arizona (Grand Canyon) in March 2013 to remove tree hazards and problem-solve issues related to protecting natural resources. Check out the trip blog.
- Jamaica (Westmoreland, Camp Hope) in March 2013 to construct and paint homes and to engage in educational activities with elementary-aged children. Check out the trip blog.
- Florida (Lakeland) in March 2013 to build homes with Habitat for Humanity.
- South Carolina (Sumter) in March 2013 to build homes with Habitat for Humanity. Check out the trip blog.
- Honduras in May 2013 to work with the MAMA project assisting children by providing health and nutritional services.
- Maryland (Rocks and Susquehanna State Parks) in October 2011 to construct and install 12 water rescue stations.
- Washington DC to serve the homeless and hungry.
- South Carolina (Pickens) in March 2012 to build homes with Habitat for Humanity.
- Louisiana (Thibodaux) in March 2012 to build homes with Habitat for Humanity
- Jamaica (Westmoreland, Camp Hope) in March 2012 to construct and paint homes and to engage in educational activities with elementary-aged children. View the blog from the March 2011 trip.
- Honduras in May 2012 to work with the MAMA project assisting children by providing health and nutritional services. View the InCommon article or check out the blog from the trip.