Moravian College requires students with documented disabilities to self-disclose their disabilities to the college in order to receive academic and other accommodations. Below are the documentation requirements for disclosing a disability. This information is also available on the reverse of the disclosure form.
Learning Disability and/or Attention Deficit Disorder/ADHD
Students with Learning Disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Disorder/ADHD must provide the following information:
- The most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and most recent related test reports
- The most recent Section 504 Plan and most recent related test reports
- The Summary of Performance (SOP) and most recent related test reports
Sensory, Medical, or Physical Disability
Students with medical disabilities must provide a letter from a diagnosing and/or treating physician to verify the existence of a disability.
The following are the required pieces of information to be included in the documentation:
- Diagnosis and methodology used to diagnose the condition
- How long the individual has had such condition
- How long the condition is expected to last
- Treatment(s) are used to manage the condition
- The condition un-medicated vs. medicated (if applicable)
- Accommodations and/or interventions that would facilitate access to the college experience and a rationale for each request
The letter must also:
- Include the credentials of the evaluator, including area of expertise (if applicable)
- Be printed on official office letterhead
- Signed, dated, and otherwise legible
Documentation must be submitted with a disability disclosure form to the Assistant Director of Academic & Disability Support prior to any accommodations being implemented. Documentation can be submitted via USPS, Fax, E-mail, or dropped off at the Academic & Disability Support Office.
Mail: 1200 Main Street • Bethlehem, PA 18018