Women's Studies Consortium Activities
The Moravian College Women's Studies Program participates with programs at the five other area colleges in the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges (LVAIC) Women's Studies Coalition. The Coalition, established in 1986, has worked in a collaborative manner to enhance the presence of Women's Studies on the LVAIC campuses. The Coalition facilitates informational exchange, such as publishing Women's Studies courses for student cross-registration. Moravian students can take Women's Studies courses at any of the other member colleges (Cedar Crest College, DeSales University, Lafayette College, Lehigh University, and Muhlenberg College). The Coalition sponsors a fall Faculty Development Workshop and they sponsor a spring Women's Studies Student Conference.
For more information on the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges visit their website at www.lvaic.org.
Undergraduate Women's Studies Conference
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
19th Annual LVAIC Undergraduate Women's Studies Conference
February 22, 2013
Baker Center for the Arts
Chew Street, Muhlenberg College
Sponsored by the Women's Studies Coalition of the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges (LVAIC) and hosted by the Muhlenberg College Women's Studies Program.
All undergraduate students at Lehigh Valley Colleges are invited to submit their original work to the conference. We welcome a variety of scholarly, scientific, and creative projects with relevance to issues of women and gender in the following forms:
- Papers (~15 pages or less)
- Performance and videos (~15 minutes or less)
- Creative writing
- Posters (36" x 48")
Please visit the conference website for detailed conference information including examples of past submission topics, submission guidelines and instructions, and registration information.
LVAIC Conference Representatives for Participating Colleges and Universities:
- Albright College: Kate Lehman (email@example.com) or Jennifer Koosed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cedar Crest College: Elizabeth Meade (email@example.com)
- DeSales University: Terri Amlong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Eleanor Fennell (email@example.com)
- Lafayette College: Mary Armstrong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lehigh University: Jackie Krasas (email@example.com) or Rita Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Moravian College: Nicole Tabor (email@example.com) or Lori Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Muhlenberg College: Beth Schachter (email@example.com)
- Northampton Community College: Precie Schroyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit us at http://wgs.cas2.lehigh.edu/lvaic
Submissions must be received by January 18, 2013