Beta Beta Beta | Rho Eta chapter, Moravian College
February 7, 2013
- Tutoring will be Tuesdays 7-9 pm and Thursdays 4-6 pm, official room will be announced.
- Our speaker will be sometime in March or April.
- Applications to be inducted this semester are due by March 11.
- The Tri-Beta Convention will be at Lincoln University this year. If you would like to present, please contact Dr. Jones.
January 24, 2013
- We Have new Officers! President: Shauna Abdouche, Vice President: Anika Riaz, Secretary: Stephanie Christ, Treasurer: Jaryth Bollinger, Historian: Dalia Omran.
- We have a new requirement for getting cords for graduation. You must do 4 hours of tutoring per semester to get cords. You do earn points as well.
- We will be offering tutoring this semester. Hours to be announced.
- We will be hosting a movie at a date TBD.
- We would like to go on a fun trip this semester! If you have any ideas, please let any of the officers know. We would like to do something outdoors when it gets a bit warmer.
- If you would still like to join a committee, please email any of the officers. There is: Fun and Games, Fundraising, Speaker, and Advertising.
- Please join the Tri-Beta mailing list by clicking the hyperlink below, and following the steps. You will get the most up to date information from us about meetings, trips, movie nights, and research presentations.
- Link text
January 26, 2012
- We Have new Officers! President: Jake Donchez, Vice President: Amarnath Kandallu, Secretary: Sasha Halasz, Treasurer: Brooke Kuperaverage, Historian: Anna SantaMaria.
- Our first research series of the semester will be presented by Cassie Phillips on her summer research at the Mayo Clinic. It will be Thursday at 4:15, make sure to check your email for a reminder!
- On March 24th, the Northeast Convention will be held at Bloomsberg University, more info to come
- The week after spring break, Jason Hoffert, a Moravian alum will be coming to speak about his research study titled "Proteomic strategies map changes in protein phosphorylation within G-coupled signaling pathways."
- We will be holding tutoring sessions for Bio 100, Botany and Zoology. They will be about 1-2 hrs/wk, more info to come on days and times!
- The purpose of sharing knowledge is to help bridge the gap between generations. We are currently accepting volunteers to bring interesting presentations to the residents of Moravian Village. Anyone interested in presenting is encourage to! Contact Shazmin Gangji for more information
March 17, 2011
- We will be participating in relay for life. Our team name is the Jungular Veins. You can access the website at www.relayforlife.org/pamoraviancollege. You will receive one point for joining the team and an additional point for every $25 you raise.
- Our research series will continue next week with James's presentation at 4:30 in Dana.
- New member inductions will be March 31st at noon in Dana. If you have taken at least 3 biology classes and maintained at least a B average in them you are eligible to apply. The application form is available under the "Contact Us" tab. Please print the form, fill it out and give it with your fee to Anna as soon as possible.
March 3, 2011
- We will be going canoeing as a club sometime in early April, but not the second, third or tenth.
- Dr. Bevington has been asked to talk about etnobotany/herbal medicine as a part of our research series. He will get back to us.
- Tribeta will be participating in Relay for Life. Each person who joins our team will receive a point, and a point will be received for every $25 raised by the person who raised it.
- The science picnic previously discussed will be held and field day activities will take place.
- The Tribeta Convention will be March 26. Email Josh if you would like to present.
- For those who have taken at least three biology classes and have maintained a biology GPA of at least 3.0 and are not inducted but would like to be, we will be having inductions at noon on March 31. The application will be available on the website and applications and money should be given to Anna.
- John will be presenting his research after break and we will be offering different types of food.
February 17, 2011
- We are in the process of redrafting our constitution. When the draft is finished we will make it available on the website for voting.
- We are now a part of the InterScience Coalition. With this group we will be collaborating and planning events. The possibility of creating a Relay for Life team with the coalition was brought up. The club is not interested in combining. A science picnic is being planned. No ideas for activities at this time. We will also include our participation in the InterScience Coalition in our redesigned constitution.
- We are in the process of renovating our website. People would like to see more pictures of events and possibly a photo gallery. They would also like to see descriptions of presenters and upcoming events.
- John will be the next research series presenter and Nelson can also present. We will have pizza and advertise more. We would also like to make the presentations are more regular intervals.
- We will be making and selling T-shirts as a club. We will try to sell them to the other science majors through the coalition. We will only be making t-shirts, not hoodies. There may be two designs, one specifically for Tribeta and another for general science. We will be voting on the designs either online or at the next meeting.
February 3, 2011
- We are reforming our committees this semester and asking anyone in the club to join. If you are interested in participating in Tribeta more fully and would like to join a committee, please email Josh da Silva, stjsd04.
- Our Research Series continues. Next Thursday at 4:30 John Corbin will be discussing his research in Mellon.
- Rania is trying to start an academic journal among LVAIC students and is looking for peer reviewers. If you're interested or want to know more about it please email her, Rania Hanna, strnh06.
- Lastly, the Tribeta Convention will be held this year on March 26 at Lincoln University. It is an opportunity to present your research and/or learn about the biology-related research of others. Tribeta will cover all fees associated with attending and lunch is included. Please think about attending and tell Josh (contact above) if you would be willing to attend and/or present.