Education ExperiencesBelow is a list of all the education experiences I have had while at Moravian College.
Early Field Experiences
- 2nd grade at Fountain Hill Elementary School
- While with this 2nd grade class, I had the opportunity
to teach a small group of students who were below reading
level. Every day I would take each student, one at a time,
out into the hallway and we would practice reading
together. I was able to see some of the students progress
while others still struggled.
- While with this 4th grade class, I had the opportunity
to help teach science and language arts lessons. I also
worked with students who have disabilities. In order to
help the students who have disabilities, I was asked to
read tests aloud to them and also modify lessons so that
they were more accessible.
- I am currently with this 1st grade class. I am there for
their reading/language arts lessons and also help them
start the day by going over the Morning Message. Later on
in the semester I will teacher a comprehension lesson on a
book I bought for the class as well as conduct a small
guided reading group.
- 5th grade at Fountain Hill Elementary School
- I had many responsibilities in my Pre-Student Teaching experience. I conducted a total of seven lessons plans. Four of those lesson plans were lessons about measurement (metric and standard units of weight and capacity), three of the lessons were taught using the Read 180 program put in place at the school.
- Below is a photo of some of my students working on their
Read 180 class work:
- To be completed in Spring 2013