Here are my answers to the second exam. The class mean was 79%. Here's the rough breakdown:
|score range||number of students|
|90% or above||9|
Here are my answers to the first exam.
Here are the ground rules for all of my exams (unless I explicitly tell you otherwise):
- Write your exam in pen, not pencil.
- Don't forget to write your name on the front page!
- Only calculators may be used during exams — no cell phones/PDAs/other electronic gizmos
- For every 100 points on an exam, I present 110 total points possible; I will only count questions you get right, which means that you can miss up to 1/10th of the total points and still get "100%" for the exam. So I recommend doing what you're most sure of first, then tackling the more difficult questions.
- Guess if you must, but don't b.s. and don't "core-dump" — answer the questions directly and concisely.
- If you feel that a question cannot be answered as it is stated without making an assumption, go ahead and make that assumption, but note that you are making it!
- No question should require more than three sentences to answer; if you think you have to write more, go ahead, but it shouldn't be necessary. Feel free to continue on the back of the page, but note that you are doing so! It's your responsibility to make clear to me which is your (final) answer for all questions.
- If someone is absent for an exam, don't discuss the exam with anyone until I say otherwise.
For reasons that are not entirely clear to me, Moravian College considers this to be a personal page. Therefore it is incumbent on me to point out that "The views expressed on this page are the responsibility of the author, Christopher Jones (cjones-at-moravian-dot-edu) and do not necessarily reflect Moravian College or Moravian Theological Seminary policies or official positions."